The QuickBooks accounting software by Intuit is something that has made the life of users so easy in order to organise and maintain the financial records and file tax returns of time. But despite unmatchable features and growing popularity, the users using QuickBooks software might face some or the other error while using the same. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code 5502, which usually occurs when a user tries to save the data in the QuickBooks software. The error pops up with either of the following messages but can easily be resolved – ‘Sync is not completed properly’, or QuickBooks data has been uploaded but failed to connect via the server.’ Before going into the solutions in order to get this error fixed, we would like to inform you about the three main causes for this error to occur on your system. Though there is the various reason for this QuickBooks Error Code 5502 to occur, the main three are mentioned below:
- Some technical issue with online services.
- Might because of some changes made in the QuickBooks company file information.
- A third-party application might create some hindrances between the download process.
In case you are equipped with such an error like QuickBooks Error Code 5502, then you can either follow the below-mentioned steps or get in contact with the expert professionals at the QuickBooks Phone Number.
Solution1: Try renaming the QuickBooks.ND file
- Firstly, open the file explorer by pressing the Windows+E keys at the same time.
- Then find and right-click on the file with the.ND extension. (The same name as your company file just a different file extension).
- Now, click on the ‘Rename’ option from the given drop-down menu and add.OLD at the end of file name.
- In case you are trying to open your company file on a network, then you are required to rescan your company file by using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
ü Start by running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
ü Now, form the folders list, tap on ‘Add the folder.’
ü hen choose the folder wherever your company file is located and click on ‘OK.’
ü Finally click on ‘Scan’ and when it is completed try opening your company file.
Solution 2: Create a new folder and copy the company file
- Start by opening the C:\ drive and paste your company file in that folder.
- Now, locate and rename the QBM file and then go to the newly created folder and save all the files.
- Then, run QuickBooks and from the ‘File’ menu, tap on ‘Open or Restore Company.’
- Now, rename the QBB file, in case you aren’t able to access it.
- Try to restore all the backup of the company file
- In case, It still doesn’t open then rename the.QBX files as well.
- And lastly, install the latest version of Sync Manager.
Solved:- QuickBooks Error 12152